Skip to main content
  • Home
  • Information on Work Permits

Information on Work Permits

In response to the novel COVID-19 virus situation, there is a new process for obtaining a Work Permit. To obtain a Work Permit, students must complete the following steps:

  1. Obtain and complete a “Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit” (CDE Form B1-1) at:
  2. Email the completed B1-1 form to Dr. Edward D’Souza, Lead Academic Agent: Math/Science and College/Career Pathways at Work Permit will be sent to you via email or U.S. Postal Service.

Information students will need to include on the Statement of Intent to employ a minor form:

  • The student’s name, address, phone number and birth date
  • The employer’s business name, address, phone number, and supervisor name
  • The type of work the student will perform
  • The maximum number of hours per day and per week the student will be expected to work for the employer

6 Steps students must follow to receive a work permit

  1. You must be enrolled in school
  2. You must attend school regularly
  3. You must maintain a GPA of 2.0
  4. You may not be suspended or expelled
  5. You must obtain a Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor form
  6. You must submit the completed Statement of Intent to Employ