Greetings and welcome to the Educational Services Department web page. It is our intention to provide you with a variety of information regarding our students’ educational experiences.
The Educational Services Department assists our schools in delivering high quality instruction to ensure all Rialto students are college and career ready through the implementation of the California State Standards and the new Common Core State Standards. By the 2014-15 school year, Rialto Unified will have transitioned its scope and sequence to align to these new Common Core State Standards.
The Educational Services Department serves the learning community of Rialto Unified School District with staff and service in the following areas:
- After School Programs (Think Together)
- Assessments (District and State)
- Curriculum and Instruction (Elementary and Secondary)
- English Language Learners
- Federal & State Programs (Categoricals)
- Professional Development
- Program Improvement
- Research, Testing and Accountability
- Special Programs (LEA/MAA)
- State Preschool/First Five Programs
- Technology for Learning
- Teacher Resource Center
We are very excited to include information specifically devoted to providing you with information about the new Common Core Standards. We will share pertinent updates about the Common Core and to provide links to information, videos, and resources that are being used to support Common Core implementation in our district. The Department articulates its efforts with teacher leaders, department and grade level members, administrative leadership and parent advisory committees.
We are pleased to provide learning experiences to Rialto learners to prepare all students for their future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of the Educational Services Department should you have any questions or require additional information.
In September of 2012, The Rialto Unified School District Board of Education approved district wide goals and objectives to support their vision and mission statements. For Educational Services, we are committed to:
Goal: Graduate every Rialto USD student, career and college ready with post-secondary opportunities.
- Articulate an instructional design based on the California Common Core Standards;
- Provide targeted professional development for administration, teachers, and instructional support staff;
- Support sites to demonstrate an increase in proficiency on CST and CAHSEE exams;
- Assure that all District assessments in the core subjects are aligned to the California Common Core Standards;
- Implement multiple measures utilizing RTI’s, ensuring appropriate student placement; and
- Provide articulated K-12 career and college pathways.